As of Tuesday March 30, all Minnesotans age 16 and older became eligible for a COVID-19 vaccine. Accra strongly encourages its employees and clients to be vaccinated for COVID-19 when they are eligible to receive the vaccine. Given our direct support professionals’ role in caring for people with disabilities and the elderly, we feel strongly that keeping our employees and clients safe is paramount – and the vaccine is one of the most important ways to stop the spread of the disease.
By expanding eligibility to all Minnesotans, providers across the state will have the flexibility they need to fill appointments and support the state’s most critical goal: to get as many Minnesotans vaccinated as quickly as possible to end the pandemic.
All Minnesotans who have not received a vaccine should sign up for the COVID-19 Vaccine Connector, which sends updates on vaccine opportunities and now allows users to directly schedule COVID-19 vaccine appointments at the state’s COVID-19 Community Vaccination Program locations. These sites are strategically located around the state to give Minnesotans another option to get their COVID-19 vaccine. Minnesotans can also contact their healthcare provider, local pharmacy or use the Vaccine Locator Map to search for vaccine providers in their area.
The best protection from COVID-19 will be a combination of getting a COVID-19 vaccine, wearing a mask, staying at least six feet away from others, avoiding crowds, and washing your hands often. No one tool alone is going to stop the pandemic.
Minnesota offers vaccine rewards to kick off a safe and fun summer
The first 100,000 Minnesotans, ages 12 and older, who get their COVID-19 vaccine between May 27 and June 30 are eligible for a special reward. Rewards requests are due by June 30 and can be submitted here. The rewards options include:
- Great Lakes Aquarium Pass or Minnesota Zoo Admission
- Minnesota Fishing License or Minnesota State Parks Vehicle Permit
- Northwoods League Baseball Tickets
- State Fair Tickets
- Valleyfair Single-Day Admission or Mall of America Nickelodeon Universe Pass
- Visa Gift Card
The Johnson & Johnson vaccine is available at the Minnesota State Fair Grounds
The Minnesota State Fair Community Vaccination site has appointments available through Tuesday, June 8th, for the Johnson & Johnson COVID-19 vaccine. More details are available below.
When: May 26 – June 8
Where: Minnesota State Fairgrounds, 1680 Como Ave., Falcon Heights, MN 55108
Who: Anyone 18 and older can sign up for an appointment. People with all disabilities are welcome.
How: To make an appointment, you just need your first and last name; date of birth; and home address. There are several ways to sign up for an appointment:
- Sign up online by clicking here
- Walk-ups are welcome from noon – 8 p.m. daily
- Call 833-431-2053. Operators are available in multiple languages and can assist in making language and/or ADA accommodations.
- Refugees and immigrants who need help making an appointment in other languages can call 651-318-0989
Assistance and Accessibility: The site now offers a disability and sensory friendly drive-thru option. ASL and spoken language interpreters are onsite, and there is an ADA accessible drop-off and pickup location.
Transportation: Free rides are available through the following options:
- Lyft – Lyft is providing access to two free rides (up to $15 per ride) to and from vaccination sites, in partnership with the White House. Ride codes are valid beginning May 24, and you can use them for rideshare, bikeshare, or a scooter ride. Click here to learn how to request a free ride.
- Metro Mobility – No coupon or ticket needed. Book your ride as usual and tell the reservationist that this is for a vaccine appointment at the State Fairgrounds. A health care provider will come on to the bus and vaccinate you while you wait.
- Metro Transit – If you register for your vaccine appointment in advance, a free pass for the day of your appointment is provided in your confirmation text message and email.