Accra diversity, equity and inclusion vision
Accra is a diverse, inclusive, and equitable workplace in which all employees, whatever their gender, race, ethnicity, national origin, age, sexual orientation or identity, education or ability, feel valued and respected. Each employee can bring their whole self to work. We are committed to an equitable approach and provide equal opportunity for employment and advancement at all levels within our departments, programs, and worksites. We respect and value diverse life experiences and heritages and ensure that all voices are valued and heard.
Our staff reflect the demographics of the communities we serve, and we’re committed to modeling diversity, equity and inclusion within our industry and the nonprofit sector. We are also dedicated to maintaining an inclusive environment with equitable treatment for all.
Our DEI efforts
Accra established a Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Committee in 2020 to further our efforts to foster an inclusive environment for all. The committee has completed numerous actions, including:
- Launched mandatory all-staff training for headquarters employees to help reduce unconscious bias and promote inclusion
- Developed training for interviewing candidates
- Implemented a new reporting procedure for employees who have experienced harassment or discriminatory behavior
- Attended diversity-focused career fairs
- Collected employee input through a staff survey
- Assessed Accra leaders’ readiness for change
- Launched a monthly support group for headquarters staff to discuss issues affecting the BIPOC community
- Hosted quarterly outside speakers, discussing issues facing marginalized communities
- Heightened visibility for DEI issues by promoting and acknowledging cultural celebration and awareness days
The committee’s work continues in 2021, focusing on additional training and education for leadership, regular guest speakers who will discuss topics that affect members of marginalized groups, and updates to Accra’s policies and procedures.
We are an Affirmative Action Equal Opportunity Employer
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at Accra are based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. Accra does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, military service, union membership, marital status, familial status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status with regards to public assistance, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.